Volunteer Abroad - Gap year volunteering opportunities
We have always believed in giving something back - it's at the heart of what we do. We offer a wide range of volunteering projects and work all over the world that you can do as part of a gap year or something shorter, allowing you to immerse yourself into a community and help you to give something back to the country you're travelling in.
You can volunteer in a number of different ways. Deciding which type of volunteering work is best for you depends on where in the world you want to do it, and whether you'd rather work with children, adults or animals. Scroll down to see the volunteering jobs we currently have on offer...
With so many endangered species around the world fighting for our survival, work towards their protection on one of our animal projects.
Help to break the cycle of poverty by teaching local children the skills they need for a better future. This type of project is also perfect for gaining experience working with kids.
Work in some of the world's most remote areas to improve the quality of life for local communities, helping to build a more sustainable future. Help local communities to preserve their fragile ecosystems, contributing to the long-term education of the environments we all enjoy as travellers.
Sport has the power to cross all linguistic and cultural barriers. Use your enthusiasm to develop vital teamwork skills, boost confidence, and put a great big smile on the kids' faces as well as yours. Combine all the different ways to volunteer in one project - working with children, protecting local wildlife and helping the local community.
How do you want to volunteer?
We have access to many unique projects in 22 countries around the world. First of all, you should consider whether you want to commit to one volunteering project for an extended amount of time, or opt for a voluntour trip, where you'll combine a volunteering project with a group tour.
- You'll focus on one project for an extended period.
- You'll stay locally and be able to immerse yourself properly in the community and culture.
- You can go your own way! You'll travel more independently when the time comes to see the rest of the country you're in.
- You'll combine a volunteering experience with a group tour.
- You'll gain a local perspective instead of a tourist's
- living with a community in your chosen destination will allow you to see it through their eyes.
- You'll meet and travel with like-minded, socially conscious travellers